International Leader Logistics Automation - Executive Coaching and Independent As-Is Evaluation
Validation of the newly developed IT strategy, discussion on current benchmarks, and CIO coaching for developing a global IT operating model.
The international leader in logistics automation is on a solid growth path. Besides organic growth, the corporation buys smaller companies to grow its product portfolio and increase its global footprint. Therefore the historical setting and performance of the IT function have become inadequate.
The CIO has recognized these changed circumstances and developed the first formalized IT strategy with his leadership team. Still, due to the dynamic growth and fast-changing market environment, the CIO and his team are uncertain if they have considered all important aspects and have set the right priorities.
Challenges and opportunities in globalizing the IT, IT applicants/specialists shortages, a transformation to SAP S/4HANA, the introduction of robust IT service management processes, and the broadening of industry 4.0 initiatives are ahead.
The goal of the project was to validate the newly developed IT strategy, discuss current benchmarks, and coach the CIO in developing a global IT operating model, considering the following key points in particular:
- Neutral expert opinion on the IT strategy considerations and the as-is situation of the corporate IT
- Comparison against selected formal IT benchmarks as well as typical patterns and anti-patterns
- Coach the CIO on how to build a suitable global IT operating model considering company specifics and industry good-practices
- Consider the identified challenges and opportunities in globalizing the IT, IT applicants/specialists shortages, a transformation to SAP S/4HANA, the introduction of robust IT service management processes, and the broadening of industry 4.0 initiatives
The following approach has been taken to validate the newly developed IT strategy, discuss current benchmarks and coach the CIO:
- Settings session with CIO
- Walkthrough with the CIO and analysis of the existing IT strategy and key documents
- Comparison of the company against selected IT benchmarks and 1:1 discussions on the results
- Regular coaching sessions with the CIO on developing a global IT operating model as well as on discussing the (interim) results of his work with his leadership team
The project length for reviewing the IT strategy and coaching the CIO on an ongoing basis was approximately 9 months.